View Full Version : Help needed with hx2415 and A2DP bluetooth Headset

Mister HP
08-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey Everyone!

I was thinking of purchasing a bluetooth headset and saw that some of them require something called A2DP or run using A2DP. I was wondering if my HP iPaq hx2415 is compatible and also, if someone could please elaborate on the topic of or explain what A2DP is- what exactly is that?

Thanks a ton!

Nurhisham Hussein
08-29-2006, 02:26 AM
A2DP or 'Advanced Audio Distribution Profile' is the bluetooth profile required for high quality stereo through compatible headsets - if your headset is mono, it's not required at all. The 2415 uses the WM2003SE OS, right? In which case it likely doesn't have the A2DP profile (though it should have the standard headset profile). I could be wrong though.

Mister HP
08-29-2006, 03:44 AM
Hi hishamh!

Thanks for the over view of what A2DP is! Concerning my mobile device- it is, in fact, a HP iPaq hx2415; however, I uprgraded it sometime ago from WM 2003 OS to WM 5. HP also had a firmware update and a bluetooth update- but I'm not sure what it actually "updated". If it runs on WM5, is it possible that it is compatible with A2DP and; furthermore, the bluetooth headset??

Thanks

Mister HP
08-29-2006, 03:57 AM
And if it helps- under Bluetooth connection settings, the very first option is titled: "High Quality Audio Setup". I'm not sure if this is helpful but after searching around google, my understanding is that this is another name for A2DP? I'm not sure if this is right -please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Nurhisham Hussein
08-29-2006, 04:38 AM
That sounds right - is there any way you can test the headphones on your device first before purchasing?

Mister HP
08-29-2006, 04:50 AM
Hey hishamh- Once again thank you for the great information. I read many posts from different websites stating that user's mobile devices are not compatible with different Bluetooth headset models- and that scared me- I would love the idea of listening to music on my Pocket PC wirelessly. As for testing them, that sounds like a great idea. I'll probably go out and ask the support to see if they will be willing to do so.

Thanks a bunch!