View Full Version : HP1910 battery problem?

judyb
08-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Hi
My 1910 is about 4 yrs. old. I replaced the battery recently because the old battery would not hold a charge for very long.

Even with the new battery, the unit loses its charge very quickly-less than 1 hr. solid use.

I'm thinking maybe it's getting ready to quit working.

Any thoughts?

Thanx Judy

splat
08-29-2006, 05:26 AM
You might want to look into a replacement. I don't know if there is an internal battery or a charging circut or something that goes wonky after a while but my 1945 suddenly started getting crappy battery life and then none at all... See this : http://pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50741

Works fine plugged in, but that's it. (sigh). Meanwhile good olde hp200lx is chugging along like the day I bought it.

Well almost :wink: It was a bit cooler to have the equivilent of an IBM XT in your pocket with a (gasp) 1 MB PC card available for data storage. Never mind runnning Windows (version 1.03) with a mouse hooked up to the serial port.... Ahh, the old days of PDA geekdom. :D

judyb
08-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi
I appreciate your reply. While I'm no electronic whiz, I've seen enough to know that when a "unit" starts misbehaving or acts differently especially after working very smoothly for so long, then it's probably ready to go belly up.

I've started looking at newer HP handhelds. The 2495 looks like it's got good features for the price.

I've seen it listed on ebay as a refurb for about 279-, plus you can get a 3 yr. malfuntion warranty for I think 70-. HP sells it as a refurb for 319-

Meanwhile, I'll keep my 1910 plugged.

Thanx for your input, Judy

judyb
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Since my HP 1910 looks like it's self-destructing, I've been looking on the internet for another HP.

It looks like HP is downsizing its offerings of HP handhelds-only 3 current models listed on its site. The 2495 seems most doable.

On Amazon & Ebay, older models are available. It's interesting comparing features of older & newer products, ie processor speed, memory.

Anyone out there have any thoughts re: replacement?