View Full Version : Voice Command Software for WM5

martin_ayton
08-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm in the process of migrating from WM2003SE to WM5. My old BlueAngel was supplied with Fonix VoiceDial, which I had a reasonable amount of success with, but the new Hermes comes with a voice tagging app.. That's back to the dark ages. I am not going to go through the hassle of recording voice tags for all my contacts. So... I need to buy some voice command software.

Looking through PPCT, it would appear that Microsoft Voice Command is pretty well thought of, and has the added advantage that it can be made to work via a bluetooth headset. However, when I went to Handango to buy the UK-tweaked version, the requirements section makes no mention of WM5 at all, only WM2003 variants.

Before I shell out my £, can anyone here confirm that the UK version of MVC does work with WM5? Also, if you prefer a different voice command app., please tell me which one and why you like it better.

Thanks!

mscdex
08-25-2006, 04:59 PM
According to this (http://www.mobiletechreview.com/editorials/windows-mobile-5.htm) website article, Voice Command is already integrated with WM5 for PPC Phones and Smartphones, but not regular PPCs. But it also seems infer that it will work on WM5 PPCs with no problem, you just need to buy it separately. I would think if it runs on WM5 for PPC Phones and Smartphones, it would certainly work on WM5 for PPCs.

My 2 cents anyway

Darius Wey
08-25-2006, 05:09 PM
According to this (http://www.mobiletechreview.com/editorials/windows-mobile-5.htm) website article, Voice Command is already integrated with WM5 for PPC Phones and Smartphones, but not regular PPCs.

Unfortunately, not all Phone Edition devices include it. It's made available to OEMs to bundle with the device, but at the end of the day, it's their choice. If it's not included, the end-user will have to purchase it separately.

As for Windows Mobile 5.0 compatibility, it does work, although a minor portion exhibit some odd behaviours at times (e.g. contact command not doing what it's supposed to). If you want to double-check support for your device, download and install the trial version. If it works as expected, don't hesitate to purchase it. It's the best voice command package available for Pocket PCs at the moment.

martin_ayton
08-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Trial version... Doh! :silly: I think I must have been feeling like this :morning: when I wrote that. I'm off to grab the trial now.

mobile v
08-29-2006, 06:15 PM
I came across that software on an IRC channel and ended up downloading the full version but just haven't installed it. Once I go home from work I'll give it a try and let you guys know how it goes.

martin_ayton
08-29-2006, 11:21 PM
The trial version works great with my Hermes. I'll be buying tomorrow.