View Full Version : Just got a new PPC 6700

reallyrob
08-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi, I just got my first Pocket PC...I got the Sprint PPC 6700...any tips or advice on this product? It's an awful lot to take in at the moment. IRight now, I am trying to figure out how to turn it off! Is the light on the front by the antenna supposed to flash when it is off, or do I not have it turned off? I can not figure it out.

PhilH
08-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Rob, Pocket PC phones don't switch off. When you hit the power button it goes into a standby mode that is much more active than when you switch off a non-Phone Edition PPC. For example, it'll maintain a Bluetooth connection.

The LED that flashes is telling you that it's still awake and listening for calls.

reallyrob
08-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info Phil...so far I really like this phone. I haven't really played around with it much yet. I just had it activated at about 11 pm. We had trouble getting it to activate and had to do a hard reset. After that it worked fine, and we got it all set up. I will take it with me to work tomorrow and play around and try to get familar with it.

mobile v
08-24-2006, 11:16 PM
I just got this phone too and it's my first as well. I'm pretty used to it and got the basics down as far as navigation and internet. I need to get a bit more familiar with active sync and I need to learn how to send MMS messages.