View Full Version : HP IPAQ 2215 SDIO slot

Regi
08-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I purchased an IPAQ 2215 in 2003 and have been using it as a basic PDA since. Sometime in 2005 I first attempted to use my SDIO slot and realized it did not work. I searched on the Internet and found out that this was a problem with other IPAQ 2215's too. The only way that the SDIO card would be recognized was when you pushed it in really hard and kept it pushed that way. I called HP to see if they could admit that this was a known problem. However, as expected they said that the unit was out of warranty and that I could send it in for repair. They said the repair would cost me 150$ including shipping and would be complete in 5 business days. I sent it in, however, after 5 days and no status I called HP and they said that they hadn't started work on the unit as yet and asked me to call the next day. This went on for a couple of days. Being frustrated I called and asked them to return my unit. They returned it promptly but kept 50$ for the shipping and handling.
So I had the IPAQ 2215 minusthe SDIO slot and sometime in 2006 I saw a post talking about Pocket PC Techs for IPAQ repairs. I tried them. they reapired my SDIO slot with a Pocket PC Diagnostic Service Category. I also asked them to add the Memory add in of 64MB which they specialize in. My unit was back in around 7 business days, since most of that time was taken in shipping when I sent it in by UPS ground i.e. nearly 4 days. All in all I am very pleased with the work done by Pocket PC Tech and would highly recommend them for your IPAQ Repair/Upgrade needs. As for HP Repairs and Service its best we not go there.

Nurhisham Hussein
08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback!