View Full Version : Outlook outgoing email on pocket pc phones

neobusa
08-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I recently purchased the Samsung i750. Though its an old operating system, it still operates very similar to the wm5 when it comes to sending and receiving emails via outlook. I entered the same information for incoming and outgoing email as it is on my pc, however when i connect my pocket pc to the internet I am only able to receive but not send. I even tried entering the outgoing IP Address instead of the smtp settings for the outgoing mail, but still not able to send. My brother has the nokia E60 and he too is not able to send but can only receive. So its a problem that both of us are facing here in dubai. We both use our personal domain names purchased from online registrars, NOT etisalat or emirates.net.ae emails. Once again our emails work perfect on pc but not on pocket pc phones. Help, Anyone? please

Thanks

Janak Parekh
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Whose SMTP server are you using? If you're using your ISP's server, realize that you're on a different ISP when you're using the Pocket PC Phone. The first ISP's SMTP server may not allow this and/or may require authentication... I presume you've tried enabling authentication for outgoing email?

You may also want to search the forums for SMTP servers, as a number of tips have been discussed over the years.

--janak

Nurhisham Hussein
08-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Janak's got it right - specifically you need to use the SMTP server of your mobile phone provider, not your ISP's.

Brad Adrian
08-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Check the Web site of your phone service provider; they usually have such configuration details buried deep within their Help menus. Also, some providers offer Over-The-Air (OTA) configuration, in which they will send you an SMS with all the configuration settings embedded. If your provider offers that, give it a try; I know that when I've used Cingular's it worked like a charm.

neobusa
09-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks a bunch for your help guys. I am still unable to send email. I am not using wep servoces Im trying to conncet via wireless connection from home. Anyways if I find a solution i will definately post it here.

by the way the phone is great, I am very satisfied with it thought it has some features missing like contact profiles and its annoying u cant silence the camera shutter sound, and other minor disappointments.

thanks again guys!
neo