View Full Version : iPAQ4700 keeps starting up when trying to charge in the cradle

jmacg
08-21-2006, 07:33 PM
My iPAQ 4700 charges OK if I connect it to the mains adapter, but not so well if I have it in the USB cradle. The unit will be turned off to start with, with only the orange charge indicator light blinking, but every few minutes the unit will come to life with it's annoying sound (loud through the speakers!) and the wireless light will turn on. Very disruptive and not an efficient way to charge! Obviously something is telling the unit to wake up every few minutes when it is in the cradle, and hopefully that instruction can be turned off. Darned if I can find it. Any suggestions?

haesslich
08-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Kill ActiveSync - it'll try to sync every 5 minutes by default.

jmacg
08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Thanks for that - makes sense to me. Pity it didn't make sense to a really useless HP support person when I phoned yesterday.

haesslich
08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks for that - makes sense to me. Pity it didn't make sense to a really useless HP support person when I phoned yesterday.

When you stated the wireless light turned on, and it happened 'every few minutes', the deal was sealed - that wireless light activating means ActiveSync is on. The only fix to that is to make sure you've got the server settings set to sync manually.