View Full Version : My D-Pad is acting strange. Any ideas?

schmenge
08-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Over the last several days I have noticed that when I select something with d-pad, and that selection results in a confirmation dialog, the dialog is automatically answered "yes" and the action proceeds. As long as I have not selected something in error, this is a good thing , but if I make a goof, it could be bad (just today I deleted all recurring appontments instead of just one)

In case the above does not make sense, an example. I run SK Tools and search for bad registry files. It finds two and I toggle the check boxes to select them. The next step is to tap or click on "delete" and then either "yes" or "no" in the confirmation dialog. If I select "delete" with d-pad, the confirmation dialog displays for a split second and the delete is executed. If I tap on delete with the stylus I get the confirmation dialog until I select "yes" or "no." SK is just an example, the same holds true with other apps.

Any idea what is going on? I don't know of any options that might have become misset.

Nurhisham Hussein
08-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I think you might have some dirt or other foreign object lodged under your d-pad. Alternatively, some d-pad designs are structurally weak (you haven't mentioned which device you have btw), and it could just be something brokem in there.

schmenge
08-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Geez, it never fails that when I have some problem I forget to post something. :oops: I have a Cingular 8125. Although I certainly can't rule the pad itself out, it seems to be OK. I can still feel/hear the "click-click" when I depress the button. I would *think* I would feel it sticking, but maybe not.