View Full Version : hx2755 - Unrecognized Card

powercx
08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I get this error everytime I turn on my device. Unrecognize Card. No matter if I took all the card out of my SD and CF Slot and reset it, it still gave me the error. I hard reset, and the minute it turns on, it does the same thing. I did a firmware upgrade it does the same thing. Anyone got a fix for this beside sending it to HP? I use this constantly for my work, I can't live without my organizer.

BTW, long time reader to PPCThoughts, I can't seem to remember what was the login for my previous registration.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Darius Wey
08-18-2006, 12:39 AM
I've heard about a number of people experiencing this problem before, and it seemed hardware-related. If you've already exhausted all possible avenues (soft reset, hard reset, ROM update), then you should contact HP and request a replacement.

powercx
08-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Great, Thank you for the tip. I figured as much. I'm getting used to the error, but now, what's bugging me even more is that my warranty ran out and my WiFi don't work anymore.

It seems like when I turn it on, the Button becomes orange, which means it's on, but can't associate with an access point. However, if I tried to look for the MAC Address of my WLAN, it displays as N/A and states that the Software is not loaded.

I believe it has something to do with the same error as the Unrecognized Card because whenever I turn on my WLAN, the error would show.

This is great HP Quality, which I think went down the drain after several years. I remember owning my first 3955, and that was a real piece of hardware that lasted me 4 years without breaking. Not even my wife's 4155 showing any problems.

OH well, thanks for the help.

Nurhisham Hussein
08-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Have you tried a hard reset yet?

powercx
08-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I did all kind of resets, Hard, soft, Killing me Softly, Upside down, inside out, backwards, flips and hops, and I even juggle with it. I talked to HP Support and they said that it's the Board and I have to send that in.

If the Board that fried, don't you think it'll be expensive to service? The whole thing still works, just no WiFi and the annoying Unrecognize Error displayed whenever I turn it on.

Darius Wey
08-18-2006, 06:21 PM
If the Board that fried, don't you think it'll be expensive to service? The whole thing still works, just no WiFi and the annoying Unrecognize Error displayed whenever I turn it on.

Perhaps you can make a case to HP that a number of people have encountered the same issue before (try Googling it; you're bound to find some people in the same boat), and that it's not fair for HP to consider warranty terms and conditions when the particular device they sold you was a dud. Worth a shot. No harm in trying. ;)

If you have no luck, then you could probably expect to pay a hundred or two. :(

powercx
08-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Perhaps you can make a case to HP that a number of people have encountered the same issue before (try Googling it; you're bound to find some people in the same boat), and that it's not fair for HP to consider warranty terms and conditions when the particular device they sold you was a dud. Worth a shot. No harm in trying. ;)[/quote]

Actually, I did that for good 3 days, back to back, search on everything from unrecognize cards to problems in hx2755 or hx2700 series. I wish I can just send it to HP, but I use it often for my work, I can't have downtime. 1 month after the warranty expired too! AAARGGGHHH. I have to call HP once I find people that has the same problem.

Thanks...

Brad Adrian
08-18-2006, 10:13 PM
It's pretty hard to predict how you'll be treated by the vendor. You'll probably talk to several people who draw a line in the sand and tell you that, one month or not, you've gone beyond the warranty. If you persist, though, you might catch up to the one person who's more sympathetic and willing to work with you a bit.

Here are the points I'd make sure to cover (in an assertive, but non-aggressive manner):

1. This isn't something that should happen, warranty or not.
2. Others have experienced similar problems, so this isn't frivelous.
3. Your device is (if you'll excuse the jargon) a "mission critical" part of your daily work and you cannot be without it for very long.
4. You're not trying to get something for nothing, but simply want them to stand behind their products and their boasts of being business-friendly.

My dad taught me to always stipulate exactly what kind of resolution I want when this kind of conflict arises. I'd shoot for this solution:
They'll repair or replace the device, free of charge.
They'll send a temporary or replacement unit prior to you sending yours to them.
If they're worried about sending you a unit and you not sending the defective one back, offer a credit card number -- TO BE USED ONLY IN THE EVENT THAT THE DEFECTIVE DEVICE ISN'T IN THEIR HANDS WITHIN, SAY, 7 BUSINESS DAYS.
You may want to offer to pay shipping, not a bad compromise.

Finally, keep using the word "defective;" that makes it clear where you feel responsibility lies.

Sorry for the long-winded response; I'm particularly sensitive to customer service issues, partly because I've studied them for so long and partly because nobody these days seems very interested in making the customer feel important, not like it was back when I was younger. Why, back then, the customer was king, the customer was always right...

powercx
08-20-2006, 05:41 AM
Excellent suggestion and it doesn't hurt to try. So I did, at least one try, and support wants me to pay for phone support. That's one try, many more calling will come. My motto is, it doesn't hurt to try. Thanks again.