View Full Version : books?

fishcube
08-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Looking for any books about pocketpc and/or windows mobile 5.0 etc.??

Wanting to buy a HTC Universal (qtek 9000) and would like to have something to read before I buy.

Also looking for a Skipbo (card game) for windows mobile. ??

SK

MTIW Podcast
08-17-2006, 05:11 AM
Not many Windows Mobile 5 books out. I knew a couple titles for OS 2002 but those are quite out of date. If you would like, you could always check out my free weekly podcast which is all about Windows Mobile and handheld tech :wink:

Cheers and best of luck with your new device!

MTIW Podcast
08-17-2006, 05:13 AM
Speaking of podcasts, there are a couple great ones- one is actually from this site- Pocket PC Thoughts. There are also a bunch of RSS feeds about how to use Mobile devices and such although it might be kind of hard trying to find them.

Cheers

fishcube
08-26-2006, 12:50 AM
I found the podcast for this site on itunes and subscribed, but just get error. What is direct link to podcast?

Brad Adrian
08-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Spb Software House has a useful Windows Mobile-compatible e-book called "Pocket PC Tips and Tricks." It's more of a source for getting more out of your Pocket PC than it is a "start-at-zero" primer for noobs, but it's very useful. Plus, it's a fun tool for showing off your Pocket PC's capabilities.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/tipsandtricks/?en

Guest979
08-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Microsoft has their own publishing division, Microsoft Press. Most of their publications are developer-oriented, but they might have something... almost all MSPress books include a CD with the book in CHM format.

Guest979
08-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Microsoft has their own publishing division, Microsoft Press. Most of their publications are developer-oriented, but they might have something... almost all MSPress books include a CD with the book in CHM format.

Menneisyys
08-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Looking for any books about pocketpc and/or windows mobile 5.0 etc.??

Wanting to buy a HTC Universal (qtek 9000) and would like to have something to read before I buy.

Also looking for a Skipbo (card game) for windows mobile. ??

SK

Also make sure you follow all my articles posted to here, in the PPCT forums, too - you'll find PLENTY of nice tips in all of them.