View Full Version : how can I reset my email counter

phlemb
08-16-2006, 02:34 PM
how do I reset the new mail counter on hx2795.. on my TODAY screen it shows that I have 1 new unread messagebut when I look into the mail program there is nothing there. I have download mail several times but it still shows up as the count is 1 extra that what is actually there, its not a show stopper but very irritating to see that 1 unread message icon on the screen all the time

David_C
08-17-2006, 11:17 AM
NOt sure if this helps, but are you sure you have viewed all of your messages?

I get that on Outlook from time to time. It will show an unread message icon (taskbar), but when I look at the very top of Outlook, it will show that I have read all of the messages, but the icon is still there. I have to then scroll down, usually a week or so back until I find the message that was sent 2-3 weeks prior, but just made it my mailbox. Dosen't happen too often :)

Dave

phlemb
08-17-2006, 01:04 PM
I thought of that also, but no, there is nothing there. I have downloaded lots of email and it always shows that one extra, when I highlight them all for deletion they all dissapear 'cept for that elusive one.

thx anyway

Brad Adrian
08-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Somebody else may have a simple solution, but when this has happened to me in the past, I've had to remove and re-create the e-mail account. It's not very time-consuming, and you can quickly re-download your messages from the server.

Anybody have an easier way?