View Full Version : iPod + Cell Phone = iCell?

MTIW Podcast
08-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Well, many were disappointed at the news...or lack of when Steve Jobs failed to mention anything about a new iPod or iCell in his keynote at Apple's WWDC. But would you really want an iCell? I wonder how that would work- a clickwheel? Same interface as an iPod? I Don't think Apple will join the phone craze anytime soon. What do you guyz think?

Cybrid
08-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, many were disappointed at the news...or lack of when Steve Jobs failed to mention anything about a new iPod or iCell in his keynote at Apple's WWDC. But would you really want an iCell? I wonder how that would work- a clickwheel? Same interface as an iPod? I Don't think Apple will join the phone craze anytime soon. What do you guyz think? At a guess? Have Sony Ericsson licence and adapt iTunes/ipod to one of their phones...more likely...

Darius Wey
08-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, many were disappointed at the news...or lack of when Steve Jobs failed to mention anything about a new iPod or iCell in his keynote at Apple's WWDC.

I think many who expected an iPhone at WWDC had their hopes up a little too much. It was a developers' conference, so naturally, you'd expect to see only developer-oriented resources being announced.

But would you really want an iCell? I wonder how that would work- a clickwheel? Same interface as an iPod? I Don't think Apple will join the phone craze anytime soon. What do you guyz think?

I don't think an iPhone is out of their league. At any rate, wait until the Apple Expo next month. They might surprise us. ;)

burtcom
08-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I HATE Apple Expo! They're gonna announce some fantastic new must-have iPod with a super-duper wide screen and a battery that lasts for days and make me regret my 60 GB iPod Video purchase earlier this year!

Innovative bastards!!

Eitel
08-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Many of the new Motorola Phones (L7, v3i, etc.) have iTunes on them. Isn't that the same as whant you're asking?

Darius Wey
08-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I HATE Apple Expo! They're gonna announce some fantastic new must-have iPod with a super-duper wide screen and a battery that lasts for days and make me regret my 60 GB iPod Video purchase earlier this year!

Innovative bastards!!

Welcome to the world of technology. The moment you buy something, it's already out of date. ;)

Janak Parekh
08-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Many of the new Motorola Phones (L7, v3i, etc.) have iTunes on them. Isn't that the same as whant you're asking?
Rumors have abounded for months that Apple isn't happy with the Motorola partnership and wants to design their own "iPhone" from the ground up. Apple has implicitly fueled this notion thanks to their last shareholder call, where they acknowledged that music phones are one significant future trend and that they weren't "sitting around doing nothing about it".

(Glad to see you back, Eitel...)

--janak