View Full Version : Pocket IE can't open local HTML?

salem
08-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi, I'm trying to write a html page for Pocket PC, and I need to test them across different browsers.

What comes strange is that when i'm trying to open a local .html in my Pocket IE, it keeps popping up Windows Files Explorer and the local .html can't be shown up. It happens after I've uninstalled an Opera Browser previously run on my Pocket PC.

Any ideas about what happens are appreciated. Thanks!

Nurhisham Hussein
08-11-2006, 10:01 AM
What happened is that Opera probably made itself the default browser and 'forgot' to relinquish that back to PIE when you uninstalled it (a common failing unfortunately). You can get something like Resco Explorer to revert the file association back to PIE, or if you're handy with a registry editor, you can have a go at that yourself directly.

Menneisyys
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi, I'm trying to write a html page for Pocket PC, and I need to test them across different browsers.

What comes strange is that when i'm trying to open a local .html in my Pocket IE, it keeps popping up Windows Files Explorer and the local .html can't be shown up. It happens after I've uninstalled an Opera Browser previously run on my Pocket PC.

Any ideas about what happens are appreciated. Thanks!

This is a well-known bug in Opera Mobile. I've described how it can be fixed here (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=659&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1).

salem
08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for all your help.

I guess there's something wrong with my pocket pc. Actually i had previously changed the registry for file associations, and then tried your registry file. After reset , the problem still happens. (the name of Storage Card matches my ppc too, so it's not a problem with the name. )

Perhaps the only way to go is to install the latest opera browser again, and see if it will help. :roll:

Menneisyys
08-12-2006, 05:34 AM

I guess there's something wrong with my pocket pc. Actually i had previously changed the registry for file associations, and then tried your registry file. After reset , the problem still happens.

Did you suspend your Pocket PC at least once before resetting? This is needed on WM5 devices for the changes to be safely flushed back to the Storage ROM.

salem
08-13-2006, 12:00 AM

I guess there's something wrong with my pocket pc. Actually i had previously changed the registry for file associations, and then tried your registry file. After reset , the problem still happens.

Did you suspend your Pocket PC at least once before resetting? This is needed on WM5 devices for the changes to be safely flushed back to the Storage ROM.

I'm using windows 2003SE, and i guess the registry may be a bit different. Anyway, it's given me more clues about what happens. I'm going to modify the registry manually. Thanks very much for your help!