View Full Version : internet access via the cradle

deaconcrusher
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I have a Verizon 6700 that I love. I can get it on the net with gprs and wifi just fine and have vpn working over those connections. But for some silly but real reasons I need it to be able to get it on the internet while it's sitting in it's cradle.

I've found lots of mentions of this being possible as recently as a year ago, but all links I see to help seem dead or don't apply (changed settings in ActiveSync or in the device.)

Can anyone confirm that you should be able to or actually still can do this with a windows mobile 5 device and ActiveSync 4.1 or 4.2??

And if you can what do I need to do to make it work? Should it just work and if it doesn't it has something to do with firewalls or proxy servers (that's what some posts I've seen hint at?) If that's the cause any tips on getting around those problems?

Thanks

applejosh
08-11-2006, 03:06 AM
I can do it using my X51v and AS 4.2. I did have problems with 4.0 and 4.1, occassionally.

I found this link on Aximsite. I cannot vouch for its authenticity or effectiveness, but it sounds right.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/552203-post22.html