View Full Version : Help with installing aoftware

mosleyt
08-10-2006, 02:02 AM
is there a way, when intalling .cab files from the pocket pc, to make it install to a storage card?

schmenge
08-10-2006, 03:48 AM
is there a way, when intalling .cab files from the pocket pc, to make it install to a storage card?

With Windows Mobile 5, you should be prompted for the install location. Sounds like you must have another OS or I guess you would not ask. :) There is a software program out there (can't think if the name) that you can run on the PPC with WM 2003 that will allow you to install to the card from a cab file.

Nurhisham Hussein
08-10-2006, 04:54 AM
Cabinstl (http://www.s-k-tools.com/util.html)

mosleyt
08-11-2006, 03:17 AM
thanks for the help guys

blackmage05
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
This is good stuff guys. I am a current Palm user, but get a chance to use PPC every now and then. I am a salesman at CompUSA and have to demo both platforms to customers.
I have a 1GB SD card that I use to carry around media/media player and Office/PDF files. Can I install both Palm AND PPC software on the same card? That way I can use the same card to play back media files no matter what platform I am using. Right now, I have TCPMP for Palm installed on the card as well as portable VLC (portableapps.com rocks). I use them both to demo media on Palm and Windows.
Hmmm, now I'm wondering if I can install VLC for Mac on the same card so I can demo no matter what platform I am using.

Thanks in advance for any help.

schmenge
09-01-2006, 07:26 PM
I am no expert, but I would guess that the formatting for the card would be different for the Palm OS versus MS.