View Full Version : rw6828 in perpetual handsfree mode

johnlow
08-09-2006, 04:33 AM
hi all

this is a real problem.

for some reason my 2month-ish old rw6828 assumes the headphones/handsfree is plugged in, even when it is not.

the result is that the phone will not emit any sound- not at the earpiece, nor can i press-hold call button to put on speakerphone, nor can i hear the other side, nor can the other side hear me, nor can i play any audio (recordings or mp3) .... unless i actually do plug in the headphones, and actually use the headphones to listen.

i confirmed this by, as rw6828 owners would know, the FM radio wont work unless you plug in your heaphones (a dialog box pops up saying so when you try). i didnt have my headphones plugged in, and radio still comes on (although with poor reception).

according to another user's post on HP's forum, he suggested plugging in-out the headphones a few times, as well as blowing into the hole. blowing has actually worked for me, as i imagine the (moist?) air would dissipate any charges inside the jack/hole...

has anyone else got this problem? i dont want to go back to HP to exchange if i can help it, i dread to think of the process and paperwork and delay without a phone...

Thomask
08-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Y&%@&^$#, ya, i am facing the same problem as well. SUCK!!!! i will not buy this company product anymore.... Obviously never go through QC check at all, is this ISO company??? I m going to ask for a full refund from them.... How can i paid such an expensive price and it can't even make a proper call. They said will take 4 to 6 days for repair and can't even replace me w a temperary phone. What if my customer call me during this period, business lost...... my boss fire me, i got no job,then wat is the use of the phone... who should i blame, who should i ****....&*&^^&#%^#^& Lau Chee Bai.

cannot hear voice, volume so low, 2 MEG pixel camera just like ****.

Plus I met a few fellows facing the same problem like me too...
Hopeless device, just spoilt the company image

johnlow
08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
now my camera also doesnt work properly...

i startup photosmart ok. the screen shows the "buttons" like "X" "?" etc, the usual.. but that's it! i DO NOT HAVE AN IMAGE ON MY LCD!!

i can still take photos and view later, just that i cannot see what i am taking!!

suck big time man, i am so dissappointed.... (this should be started in a new thread also...)

Nurhisham Hussein
08-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Y&%@&^$#, ya, i am facing the same problem as well. SUCK!!!! i will not buy this company product anymore.... Obviously never go through QC check at all, is this ISO company???

TBH, this problem has cropped up with many Pocket PCs where the headphone socket supports multiple uses - it's not a problem specific to HP or the iPaq line. The fixes johnlow mentioned usually works, unless a mechanical failure is involved as well.

johnlow
10-17-2006, 10:21 AM
i went to the local HP service centre to tell them of the problem. they said to leave my unit there for the "mother board" to be replaced. I asked how long that will take, choosing to come back only when the board has arrived. the guy didnt sound surprised that this had happened, and said that there are a few already on the way.... obviously i am not the first, nor is mine the only one need replacing.

(un)lucky for me, since some were already on the way, that they called me only a few days later to come get the board replaced. I waited there for about 1.5 hours for the job to be done.

so far i havent used the wired-hands free, only used bluetooth. but the camera-flickering still occurs with the new board....