View Full Version : 8125 burning out sim cards

SlowChild23
08-07-2006, 11:17 PM
i am an office manager and recently bought three 8125 for employees in my office. 2 of the 3 have burned through two sim cards each . the pda will work, but the phone won't place or receive calls. it's an easy, yet annoying, fix. just run to the store to get a new sim card.
i have called cingular, they say they have no knowledge of this issue. the retail clerks say that the 8125 were released with crappy software, and recently we found a patch to download off of HTC's website.
has anyone else had similar problems? and more importantly, any solutions or causes for this burnout?

Sven Johannsen
08-08-2006, 04:22 AM
First I've heard of such a thing. I have a K-Jam, which is essentially the same unit. I have only once had a SIM that appeared to die on me (not in the K-Jam). That actually turned out to be software glitch at the carrier, on my account. The tech folks didn't know or check when I called in the problem, and just sent a new SIM. It behaved just like the first. I called tech support again and a more knowledgable person, said, "that's odd, let me check something...oh there it is, should work now." And it did. It was Cingular.