View Full Version : compact flash cards do not work

leebrendalee
08-01-2006, 03:07 AM
Hello, I have the ipaq 2490 and I've just noticed my compact flash cards do not work. I've tried three cards..non seem to work and forsure it worked before.

I have not upgraded the unit left because I don't want to loose my data and have no backup....would an upgrade fix the problem? thanks

Janak Parekh
08-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Couple ideas:

1. Have you tried the CF card in your desktop? Does it work?

2. Have you tried an SD card in the device? Maybe the CF slot has issues?

3. I assume you've already tried a soft-reset to make sure there were no driver hangups.

--janak

leebrendalee
08-01-2006, 04:06 AM
they work in my camera..they are brand new actually..the other little cards work..it worked before...actually makes no sense....I'm on their website now seeing if there is an issue....it says it doesn't recognize the card.....I soft reset this thing every time I turn around...drives me nuts..

Darius Wey
08-01-2006, 04:48 AM
You may want to install this firmware update (http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/23454.html) to see if it helps. It shouldn't wipe your data.

If Janak's suggestions aren't producing any luck, then if following a hard-reset, it still doesn't work, contact HP. There's a chance that the problem is hardware-related.