View Full Version : MDA Bluetooth Modem and Periodic Disconnects

Steve14965
07-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Quick question...I'm using my MDA with the 2.26 firmware as a modem for my laptop when I'm out, and it seems to disconnect every so often. The error that console shows is:
Mon Jul 31 04:58:59 2006 : No response to 4 echo-requests
Mon Jul 31 04:58:59 2006 : Serial link appears to be disconnected.
Mon Jul 31 04:59:05 2006 : Connection terminated.
Mon Jul 31 04:59:05 2006 : Connect time 13.9 minutes.

So as you can see, it disconnects every 10-20 minutes or so. The "Serial Link" is something I'm curious about, is that the bluetooth connection or the cell network connection?

I'm using OS X 10.4.7 if it matters, and using a Bluetooth link from the MDA-->Computer. I'm on T-Mobile with the unlimited data plan, with the following settings:
Username: *
Password: *
Telephone Number: *99#
Using Ross Barkman's iPaq GSM script for OS X, and followed the instructions in this (http://justinblanton.com/2006/01/mac-os-x-windows-mobile-bluetooth-modem) article. So my question is this, are disconnects this often normal?

Thanks!

Cybrid
08-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Quick question...I'm using my MDA with the 2.26 firmware as a modem for my laptop when I'm out, and it seems to disconnect every so often....

So as you can see, it disconnects every 10-20 minutes or so. The "Serial Link" is something I'm curious about, is that the bluetooth connection or the cell network connection? So my question is this, are disconnects this often normal?

Thanks! Serial link is the virtual Bluetooth COM port. The disconnect should not be happening. Have you tried with another laptop? or through USb? does that connection hold?

Also, what does this say?

As always, you can monitor the connection (or failed attempt) through /var/log/ppp.log.

This is from the article you quoted.