View Full Version : Will TMobile Get New Phones?

barmach
07-29-2006, 06:40 AM
I have an MDA and I don't like it too much. Will Tmobile be coming out with any other modles? Treo 700w perhaps?

Also when will Tmobile release MSFP?

Janak Parekh
07-30-2006, 12:22 AM
I have an MDA and I don't like it too much. Will Tmobile be coming out with any other modles? Treo 700w perhaps?
The 700w is currently CDMA-only. A GSM version may be coming out later this year. No clue if T-Mobile will carry it. Historically, T-Mobile has been very conservative. I would expect them to ultimately carry other WM devices, but no clue as to when.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about your MDA?

Also when will Tmobile release MSFP?
They haven't? :( I'd guess "soon", but I haven't heard rumors on release dates. You may want to poke around the forums on PDAPhoneHome.com and HowardForums.com in addition to here; they're pretty good rumor mills.

--janak

barmach
07-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Out of curiosity, what don't you like about your MDA?

I don't like that the phone keypad. I have to use a touch screen for dialing a number (unless I want to use the full keyboard) Also i don't like when you dial a number the keypad goes away and you have to call it back up if you need to enter additional key onc you are connected to your call.

Janak Parekh
07-31-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't like that the phone keypad. I have to use a touch screen for dialing a number (unless I want to use the full keyboard) Also i don't like when you dial a number the keypad goes away and you have to call it back up if you need to enter additional key onc you are connected to your call.
Okay, those are indeed valid points, and one of the good things about the Treo (the "everpresent" keyboard). On the MDA, you can either use Voice Command or the slide-out keyboard if you want to avoid touching the screen...

--janak

p.s. The ROM update with MSFP is out now. :)

barmach
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
I did the ROM upgrade last night. What an easy process. Nothing as complicated as the Treo 700w upgrade.

I also have installed MS Voice Commander, and it is great. So that has taken away alot of my phone issues, but it still drives me nuts after I dial a number the keyboard disapears and I have to enter an ext.