View Full Version : hx4705 will not turn on

ralph machio
07-27-2006, 07:58 PM
I have owned my 4705 for around a year, and in the last 6 months it has for the most part been dead. It has become none responsive and will not turn on. Sometimes, I can get it to turn on only to to a memory wipe and start over. Even then it acts weird, teh stylus has been non responsive as well. That was actually the first problem I have had with it. Now it wont turn on, even wwhen it it in its cradle. Any suggestions? I am thinking of getting the Dell Axim X51v. I just want to know if their is something I can do to save my 4705. Thanks.

robclif4d
07-27-2006, 11:16 PM
End of May, my 4700 wouldn't do anything...no LEDs, no charging, no power.....brick. Sent to PPC Techs and they couldn't figure it out but still put a lot of effort into it (very much appreciated). Sent to HP (out of warranty) and they replaced the motherboard for less than $200. I've had it back now for over a month and it's running fine. You can try PPC Techs, but if your problem is anything like mine, just go to HP. It becomes a decision of $200 or spend a little more for the Dell. I almost went the Dell route, but I love my 4700.

Hope this helps.

Roberrt

Edgar_
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I did the same as Ralph - I had the 128M upgrade so I routed through PPCTechs to get the mem removed, sent to HP, repaired and routed back through PPCTechs to get the memory restored

I love my 4700 so I was happy to get this all done.

If you decide you want to just dump the 4705 please PM me - I'd be interested purcahsing your accessories and perhaps the bricked PPC.