View Full Version : Ipaq 3600 - running out of friends (and software support)?

Bart
07-27-2006, 08:51 AM
It seems like my Ipaq 3600 is running out of friends.

- PPC 2002 is the last OS upgrade for this HW
- the next release of Phatnotes isn't supported under 2002
- finally Agenda Fusion will no longer suport 2002 for the latest release.

Apart from the purchase of a new battery, the ol' girl still chugs away nicely and has kept her good looks.

I understand developers can't support all legacy systems for all time.

I'm holding off upgrading hardware for as long as possible because there's nothing wrong with the hardware!

The next step will probably be a huge leap like a UMPC but for now, she'll be just fine.

The one thing that would make me jump to a new platform would be the news that Activesync worked flwlessly syncing between two PCs - guess I would've heard by now if that was the case.

Anyone else being quietly squeezed?

Bart

Menneisyys
07-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Welcome to PPCT :)

I like my old iPAQ 3660 a lot too (while I have a load of never devices too). Much better device than many people think.

Brad Adrian
07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
I always liked my 3600, especially when I upgraded from a Jornada with [gasp!] 32MB of RAM. I had to eventually relegate it to my closet when it succumbed to the dreaded "inverted screen" disease.

Sven Johannsen
07-28-2006, 08:59 PM
I always liked my 3600, especially when I upgraded from a Jornada with [gasp!] 32MB of RAM. I had to eventually relegate it to my closet when it succumbed to the dreaded "inverted screen" disease.You could just have bought a mirror.