View Full Version : PPC 6700 Backlight keeps coming on!!!!

dspent
07-27-2006, 02:30 AM
I know most of the time you see complaints about backlights not being bright enough or not coming on etc... etc... But in my case the backlight of my PPC 6700 phone keeps coming on. For example, if I put the phone in "sleep" mode by pushing the power button... It goes off. Great! However, within 5 minutes or so (randomly) the damn thing pops back on for a few minutes and then goes back out. I have checked all the power and light settings and they are all normal and don't seem to be the cause for this. What could be causing this and how do I fix it. This drives me crazy at night when the thing comes on and shines right in my eyes waking me up.

Help anyone!!!! Thanks,
-Jones

Darius Wey
07-27-2006, 04:42 AM
This is most likely due to some application or messaging service waking it up.

What third-party applications do you have installed, and how often have you set your messaging accounts to update?

dspent
07-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I have goodlink installed for my corporate email
I have phone alarm pro 1.52
I have WolfClock installed
Tre Edit registry editor
And a game called plumber pete

The goodlink software is "always on" in that if a corporate email is sent to me, I will get it most times on my phone before I get it on my computer at work. This problem however existed before goodlink. I don't use the regular messaging, but I did play with it when I got the phone to see how it worked. I don't know how to make it update automatically. I have always had to manually tell it to send/receive.

Darius Wey
07-27-2006, 05:22 PM
The goodlink software is "always on" in that if a corporate email is sent to me, I will get it most times on my phone before I get it on my computer at work. This problem however existed before goodlink. I don't use the regular messaging, but I did play with it when I got the phone to see how it worked. I don't know how to make it update automatically. I have always had to manually tell it to send/receive.

For any messaging accounts you have, open their setup options, and go to the fourth step where an Options button should be located underneath the Domain field. Tapping on this button opens a secondary options window, where you can configure the automatic connecting/checking feature.

dspent
07-28-2006, 02:16 AM
I have 3 accounts (text messages, roadrunner and my domain name email) I checked all three and the box that says CONNECT AND CHECK FOR MESSAGES EVERY x minutes is unchecked on each account. So it can't be messaging that's causing this. Any other ideas?

Darius Wey
07-28-2006, 04:07 PM
I have 3 accounts (text messages, roadrunner and my domain name email) I checked all three and the box that says CONNECT AND CHECK FOR MESSAGES EVERY x minutes is unchecked on each account. So it can't be messaging that's causing this. Any other ideas?

The only other application that may be causing this problem is phoneAlarm. Try uninstalling this and see if it helps. If not, then worst case scenario, a hard-reset will allow you to check whether the problem is software- or hardware-related.

suprgonzo
09-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Another item that may be doing this is a magnetic case.. there's a video of it somewhere that shows a magnetic case turning on the backlight of the 6700.. I'll post it if I find it again.

BoxWave
09-10-2006, 08:36 AM

The only other application that may be causing this problem is phoneAlarm. Try uninstalling this and see if it helps. If not, then worst case scenario, a hard-reset will allow you to check whether the problem is software- or hardware-related.

Supgronzo may have something there (never heard of it until now though!), but I was going to guess the same solution. Uninstall, then if necessary, hard reset :(./