View Full Version : Terrible Trouble Syncing Avantgo

marchristensen
07-19-2006, 04:51 PM
No matter what I do I cannot seem to get Avantgo to sync consistantly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled until I want to scream. I am using version 6, 'cause beta 6.2 changed my keyboard into garbled foreign characters. I had to do a hard reset to get it back. I am trying to avoid another hard reset.

Over time I got a variety of messages while trying to sync - the latest is please upgrade Avantgo software - which I am happy to do - it's just that I can't get a good Avantgo sync going. Any advice would be appreciated.

BigDaddy
07-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Just kill avantgo. I think they are in their sunset days anyway. When PocketPC did not have built in wireless access and most pages were note pocket explorer friendly, it was the perfect app. But since we can get live data from our favorite sites at a good speed, there is no reason to have this memory hogging, connection problem app.

~BD

David_C
07-21-2006, 02:31 AM
I also am haivng a problem syncing Avantgo also. I have to manually tell it to connect, other times, it does it when it should.

As for it fading into the sunset, I hope that's not true. I dont use the wireless portion of my PDA one bit, and I enjoy reading the news and little tidbits via Avantgo :)

Dave