View Full Version : Stop Watch

JVL
07-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Now that I have my new 2495, does anyone know of a good stop watch program?
Free is always nice..

asims
07-18-2006, 03:33 AM
Jonathon Sach's StopTime is great! Not only is it a stopwatch, it is also a fully functional clock with the ability to set more than five different alarms, and it has a count-down programmable timer. I've got it on my 2495 and use it as my wake-up alarm. The only drawback I have with it (and this is really a problem with WM5 and not the clock) is that when the alarm goes off, I have to turn the pda on to touch the 'Off' or 'Snooze' button.

Did I mention that it is free?! :D

JVL
07-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Thank you for the reply.
Yes it is a great program and i had it on my 2215.
however, it will not load onto my 2495b.
I get the following message.
"An error occured writing your pocket pc application to disk. setup cannot continue and will exit"
Any help would be appreciated.

asims
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
It sounds more like a connection issue than a program problem. But before you try again, make sure you have the most current program - 2.0 (which you can get here (http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/#StopTime%202.0)), then try again. WM5 is quite quirky and can give you a headache at times.

If there are others who can give you better advice (or more technical), I hope they chime in. I didn't have any problems with StopTime, but I do have other ones with WM5.

Let us know how it goes. :)

JVL
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Wow, I just discovered that it was McAfee that was blocking it.
Thanks for your replys..

asims
07-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Great! I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue! :D

sweb3028
07-19-2006, 12:59 AM
I also like Spb Time. It has a nice stopwatch feature. I also use it as my primary wake-up alarm. If you own any other Spb products, they will give you a 20 percent discount. Just make sure to try before you buy any new program. People have varying tastes.