View Full Version : Ipaq 2210 Replacement

holybob
07-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi all,

Don't flame me - pretty much all I use my Ipaq 2210 for is Sat Nav (and playing games on holiday!).

I've got a lovely car cradle courtesy of Brodit: http://www.handnav.co.uk/product_details.php?id=103

But my Ipaq now won't charge! I think it's terminal so I need a new PDA.

Does anyone know if the above Brodit cradle will fit any other (newer) PDAs? If not, I'll grab myself an Ebay bargain but I wanted to check first....

Cheers,

Bob

Nurhisham Hussein
07-18-2006, 01:52 AM
But my Ipaq now won't charge! I think it's terminal so I need a new PDA.

Have you thought about just getting another battery? It's a heck of a lot cheaper than getting a new PDA (especially since you've already invested in the accessories).

holybob
07-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I thought about getting a new battery but I don't think that's the problem.

Question: If I take the battery out, should my Ipaq work using just the mains adaptor?

The PDA isn't registering that fact I've got my charger plugged in (I've tried 2 chargers) - the screen doesn't got bright (it's set to do so) or anything.

Cheers,

Bob

Nurhisham Hussein
07-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I thought about getting a new battery but I don't think that's the problem.

Question: If I take the battery out, should my Ipaq work using just the mains adaptor?

Yes it should - so I guess your diagnosis is correct. Sounds like the charge circuit or the connector are dead.

As for new PDAs, since that holder is specific to the 2210, I can't think of many that will fit nicely in there. Certainly only iPaqs will have a compatible connector (HP standardised their connectors some time back).

HowardB
07-20-2006, 02:47 AM
I also have used a 2210 for about 3 years and fancied a change. I finally settled on a 2790 and more by luck than judgement found that I could use the same wired GPS receiver, so if you still have the Brodit holder the 2790 should fit......... Then again, if you have already bought something and the car holder doesnt fit and you would like a good home for the old holder.

:D :D

Howard