View Full Version : CAN THE T-MOBILE MDA RUN JAVA RUNTIME ENVIROMENT

BGIBBONS
07-15-2006, 09:02 PM
I just upgraded to the MDA and it should be in any day now,but what they couldn't tell me was if it could run the java runtime everfocus EDSR applet.The reason I ask is I have a business with two locations and I have cameras that can be remotely viewed over the internet and it would be very helpful if I could veiw them with the MDA instead of always bringing my laptop..

Cybrid
07-24-2006, 05:21 AM
I just upgraded to the MDA and it should be in any day now,but what they couldn't tell me was if it could run the java runtime everfocus EDSR applet.The reason I ask is I have a business with two locations and I have cameras that can be remotely viewed over the internet and it would be very helpful if I could veiw them with the MDA instead of always bringing my laptop..Probably not.
Desktop Java is J2SE while PPC run J2ME. J2 Micro Edition is a smaller subset of J2 Standard Edition. Depending on how it was coded it may have commands that canot be exectued on the Micro Edition.
There are some free Pocket PC JVM's out there which you could use to try it out....

Janak Parekh
07-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Cybrid is mostly correct. PPCT member Menneisyys wrote a long article on the subject (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41081) which you may find helpful.

--janak