View Full Version : Hmmm... That is strange...

Mitch D
07-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Well I had a strange thing happen to my x50v today, I used it to make a quick note of some info I needed for a phone call I had to make. Less than 5 minutes later I go to turn it on and I get a memory error message. I followed the instructions on the screen with no luck.

Next thing I try is a hard reset, and everything seems to go fine till I go to turn it back on... Blank Screen... Dang thing won't turn on... Pull the battery and hit the reset switch and then place the battery back in and still no joy... :cry:

Now I am getting annoyed... I placed it back in the cradle and low and behold my ax turns back on and goes through the setup... Does a sync to the computer and everything seems to be going fine till I took it off the cradle... You guessed it, the dang thing powered off and would not turn on. Luckily I have two weeks left in my warranty and Dell is sending out a replacement unit along with a new battery. :)

Now I have to suffer away till my new unit comes in next week, but I plan on investing in the extended service plan before my warranty expires...

Anyone else out there run into this problem before?

Cybrid
07-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Well I had a strange thing happen to my x50v today, I used it to make a quick note of some info I needed for a phone call I had to make. Less than 5 minutes later I go to turn it on and I get a memory error message. I followed the instructions on the screen with no luck.

Next thing I try is a hard reset, and everything seems to go fine till I go to turn it back on... Blank Screen... Dang thing won't turn on... Pull the battery and hit the reset switch and then place the battery back in and still no joy... :cry:

Now I am getting annoyed... I placed it back in the cradle and low and behold my ax turns back on and goes through the setup... Does a sync to the computer and everything seems to be going fine till I took it off the cradle... You guessed it, the dang thing powered off and would not turn on. Luckily I have two weeks left in my warranty and Dell is sending out a replacement unit along with a new battery. :)

Now I have to suffer away till my new unit comes in next week, but I plan on investing in the extended service plan before my warranty expires...

Anyone else out there run into this problem before? Yup, Had my original battery die too. In my case however, since I simply had them send me a new battery as I already had a second extended battery. That way I did not have any downtime.

Mitch D
07-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Yup, Had my original battery die too. In my case however, since I simply had them send me a new battery as I already had a second extended battery. That way I did not have any downtime.

I had actually tried my ax with a friend's battery from his ax and still had the same problem. I'm starting to think there is a power connection issue between the battery and the curcuit board, it would explain the sudden "failure" to turn on although it doesn't explain the memory error issue.

As for the downtime, I have been on holidays this week and i hasn't been an issue. But I am back at work on monday and I will notice it then, Dell did say I should have the replacement by tuesday so I can live with it.