View Full Version : Plz Help deleting avantgo folder from sd card

Tripz
07-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Hello all, I cut and paste the avantgo folder from "program files" to my sd card and now i cannot delete it off the card. when i try to delete the avantgo folder off of the card it says... The file "square" is a system file. If you remove it, your device or one of your programs may no longer work correctly. Are you sure you want to delete it? ==>i click "yes" and then it says..."problem deleting file "square", cannot remove folder "Avantgo": access is denied. :?:

I am sure the program is not in use and the card is not write protected. I even removed avantgo off the main memory. i tried to rename the files to no avail. Is there anything else i could try to delete this folder full of "square" files? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Nurhisham Hussein
07-10-2006, 07:21 AM
What I'd do is copy all the rest of your files off your card to your PC - then reformat the card, and copy the files back.

Brad Adrian
07-10-2006, 06:45 PM
I would add that this may not be a problem with AvantGo per se; you may simply be seeing a bad card. In any event, I'd back up the card immediately, before you lose any files you actually need.

Tripz
07-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys, i do have a backup and since this is a new card and not much info was loaded yet, i reformatted using pocket mechanic and all is ok now :wink: i really hope that wasn't a sign of a bad card! i guess i'll see how things go...

hishamh: death dealer is awesome, nice avatar!