View Full Version : Activesync woes! X51v

Malkier
07-10-2006, 03:20 AM
I gots troubles.......

I'm not sure if this is really the place to be posting about activesync but I searched everywhere for a solution to no avail.

I was syncing fine between two computers for about a month. Then is all went pear shaped. Now it has created extra device profiles and
i am up to WM_USERNAME_5. It also creates mutiple dummy appiontments (i.e. empty and set for about 30 mins after I sync) the number of these dummy appointments corresponds to the number of devices it perceives to be present (in this case 5). After creating these dummy appointments it does not sync anything else and then finally fails and gives me the "server is busy" error. I looked on the microsoft KB articles and it says this is because it takes more than 2 mins to sync.

I also can't sync tasks, contacts and calendar btw two computers anymore. Presumably bc I have "more than one device"

Can anyone help. I am running Activesync 4.1 on both computers.

What do I delete on the handheld to get rid of these extra device profiles?

Help! :cry:

Cybrid
07-10-2006, 07:22 AM
You can delete the partnerships on AS (recommended) .
or registry edit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Windows CE Services/partners/ P1 or P2

Malkier
07-11-2006, 05:52 AM
I can delete the partnership but it still comes up as WM_username_5.

How do I stop all the other crazy stuff from happening with the calendar??

Cybrid
07-11-2006, 08:14 AM
I can delete the partnership but it still comes up as WM_username_5.

How do I stop all the other crazy stuff from happening with the calendar??
As I said previously, delete the partnerships, all of them, use the registry edit to clear it from the Device as well. This will get that back to normal.

Now what crazy stuff is happening to the calendar?

Malkier
07-11-2006, 11:04 PM
I get a number of blank appointments (5 to be exact - incedently the same number of partnerships it erronously created, even though I am only syncing 1 PPC btw 2 PCs). The appointments always are set the 30 mins closest to the time when I synced e.g. id I sync at 16:36 I get 5 blank appointments at 17:00. The sync then freezes after copying these appointments to the PC calendar and does not sync anything else.

I also can't choose to sync the calendar, tasks and contact btw the 2 PC anymore, but I could initially.....??