View Full Version : JAMin on Rogers: connectivity settings?

ctmagnus
07-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I got my JAMin on Thursday (:clap:) and I've been having a few connectivity issues/questions:

1) I can get an IP on my lan via Wi-Fi, but I cannot access anything on the Internet. When I try to ping a machine on the lan, I just get "Request time out." for all the results.

2) My iPaq 5550 used *99***x# as a dialup number when connected to GPRS via my T68i, and *99# when connected via my SMT5600. Do I need anything like that for the JAMin, which isn't connecting via anything else?

3) Does anyone know the data settings to get this running on Rogers' network? I have an excellent cell signal and I also apparently have Edge access, but I can't do much else atm.

I can, however, access the net through a Bluetooth ActiveSync connection.

Cybrid
07-09-2006, 01:24 AM
I got my JAMin on Thursday (:clap:) and I've been having a few connectivity issues/questions:
Congrats.

1) I can get an IP on my lan via Wi-Fi, but I cannot access anything on the Internet. When I try to ping a machine on the lan, I just get "Request time out." for all the results.
Check your Connection Manager settings. What OS?

2) My iPaq 5550 used *99***x# as a dialup number when connected to GPRS via my T68i, and *99# when connected via my SMT5600. Do I need anything like that for the JAMin, which isn't connecting via anything else?
I'd say Rogers would be the best to ask. But at a guess...the same settings as the SMT5600 would work...Note you'll need to manually switch connection manager from this back to WiFi etc.

3) Does anyone know the data settings to get this running on Rogers' network? I have an excellent cell signal and I also apparently have Edge access, but I can't do much else atm. But at a guess...the same settings as the SMT5600

ctmagnus
07-09-2006, 08:17 PM
I kept trying the same thing over and over and over, and it eventually took. :confused totally:

So now I have wifi access. I just need to call Rogers now, to get the data settings.

ctmagnus
07-09-2006, 08:22 PM
What OS?

WM5, AKU2.

Cybrid
07-10-2006, 03:00 AM
I kept trying the same thing over and over and over, and it eventually took. :confused totally:

So now I have wifi access. I just need to call Rogers now, to get the data settings.
WiFi
Start>settings>connections

1)network cards>network adapters>My network card connects to: work

2)Connections>advanced>select networks>
Programs.... Select my work network
That'll keep WiFi stable.

Rogers
Start>settings>connections>connections
Add a new modem connection>
select a modem:cellular line

2)Connections>advanced>select networks>
Programs.... Select my....
Change #2 to "Rogers..." when you have those settings.

ctmagnus
07-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Okay

It works!

The steps I used:

1: apn set to internet.com

2: username = wapuser1

3: password = wap

4: call Rogers and have them fiddle with my account.

Edge is faster than I thought it would be. It's no EVDO (I used it once in a Telus store ( :twisted: )) but it will do nicely. Now if the Canadian carriers would just do something about their infamous data plans...