View Full Version : Have gprs/edge connection...cannot connect to IE or OTA sync??

mbranscum
07-08-2006, 04:25 PM
OK Guys I hope someone can help me here. I have an 8125. Yesterday I stopped being able to connect to IE or sync over the air using push mail.

Here's the weird part...I HAVE a gprs/edge connection. I am able to log onto web sites using Opera mini and I am getting regular updates on Pocket Weather.

When I open IE it says it's locating the page, then I get the message: "The page cannot be diplayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. Check the connection and try again later."

When I try to do an OTA sync, it says it's syncronizing, the little green wheel turns and I see the message "syncronizing folders." After a few seconds it stops and says "Waiting on Network." or "The server coud not be reached"

Again, I CAN connect using Opera mini, and my Pocket Weather is getting regular updates. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I've changed in the network settings. I have went in and tried changing the network from My ISP to Media Net. This did not help.

Please...anyone...ideas??? :(

Jon Westfall
07-08-2006, 06:51 PM
First two things you've probably already tried:

1. Soft Reset
2. Try connecting to OWA from a regular computer.

When I had this problem, a soft-reset usually worked. I'd try the following:

1. Manually remove the server source in ActiveSync on the device, soft reset, and then re-add the server in and try sync'ing.

2. Either perform a hard reset, or if that isn't a good option for you, borrow a friend's device (Or download the SDK and use the emulator) and see if you can sync to the exchange server using your values.

If Opera works but IE doesn't work at all (not just connecting to your OWA server but connecting to any site in IE fails), it sounds like something got messed up big time, and a hard reset would be in order. If it still doesn't work after a hard-reset, contact your exchange admin, and see if anything on the server may be conflicting with your device.

Let me know how it goes!
Jon.

mbranscum
07-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks Jon.

I guess I'll try a hard reset. Opera mini and regular Opera work fine.

The ONLY thing I did prior to this happening was clear the history and cookies in IE...very strange.

I'll let you know how it goes, but I would guess the hard reset will work. I just dreaded doing it. :cry:

Janak Parekh
07-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Could it be a change in Connection Manager somehow? IE might be more finicky with Connection Manager than Opera...

--janak