View Full Version : Media player

beaufred
07-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Does anyone know if you can add codecs to media mobile 10? I wonder if you can make it play avi or divix. I have not been able to find anywhere to find out how to do this.

Thanks for the help

Beaufred Utah

GSmith
07-08-2006, 06:12 AM
No you cannot do this. Your best bet is to download TCPMP or see www.FeederReader.com/mediachart.html for a suitable player.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

beaufred
07-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the information. I have been in a fruitless search it sounds. I have the tcpmp player now and it seems to work good. I am not sure if you would know but is there a way to have that be the defualt plaer. Or maybe create a media library like wmp?. Thanks again

Beaufred

GSmith
07-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Not sure about the media library. That might come with the next version of TCPMP, formerly called "BetaPlayer" and soon-to-be-again-called "BetaPlayer" or its "professional" cousin: CorePlayer. They are due to be released possibly in the next two weeks for the last few months ;-)

To set it as the default player, go into the program options and select "File Associations". Then select whatever file extensions you want to be associated with TCPMP.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

Darius Wey
07-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Does anyone know if you can add codecs to media mobile 10? I wonder if you can make it play avi or divix. I have not been able to find anywhere to find out how to do this.

Well, actually, you can, but not via end-user intervention. ;) GSmith's suggestion of TCPMP is the best alternative.