View Full Version : I NEED SERIOUS HELP!

olliebbb
07-07-2006, 11:30 PM
I have an Ipaq Compaq pocket pc 3765. I was on Word, and all of a sudden it froze. I soft reset it. THEN, it brought me to the red and white screen that says ipaq on it. Unfortunately, it wouldn't go away. it just stood there w/o the backlight even going on. The only solution I know for this is to reset the memory, which i REFUSE to do again (unless thats the only way) because I have HOURS of work on there!

olliebbb
07-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Now, I've tried hard reseting it, more times than you can imagine, and it STILL wont get rid of that screen!

Jon Westfall
07-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Sounds like either your device is defective, the firmware is corrupt, or something is hung on the device. I'd try the following.

1. Remove the battery, let the device fully uncharge (Leave it for 24 hours or so without battery), then try starting it back up. This will hard-reset, however you say you've already crossed that bridge.

2. Look up and see if there is any way to put the iPAQ in a bootloader mode, then run the latest firmware update and see if it will re-write the firmware. This is a long shot.

It sounds as though something in the device may have died. If option 1 doesn't work, you may want to see if you still have any warrenty service left on the device, or if you can exchange it.

Janak Parekh
07-09-2006, 02:52 AM
1. Remove the battery, let the device fully uncharge (Leave it for 24 hours or so without battery), then try starting it back up. This will hard-reset, however you say you've already crossed that bridge.
Just to clarify, the iPAQ 3700 series doesn't have a removable battery, but there is the battery switch which you can leave off for a while.

--janak