View Full Version : "No Camera" Pocket PC Phone

puru
07-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Hi
I am looking for a Pocket PC phone (I Currently own O2 Atom) without camera (My workplace does not allow camera-phones)

Any recommendations?

I have zeroed down on HP 6910 recently. Is there something better available? I would need unlocked GSM phone.

Please help.

Darius Wey
07-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Some manufacturers sell camera-less versions of devices that normally feature cameras. For example, there is a customisation of the E-TEN M600 that features a special, non-removable "plug" over the camera lens. You may want to consider that as an option.

jimfee
07-09-2006, 02:53 PM
I would recomend the Cingular 8100, I have had this device for a few months and can recomend it as an able tool. main downside would be the processor speed, other than that it comes through with as many features as anything out there and without a camera. I work in two organizations that don't allow cameras.

Hold on, I just noticed that you were looking at teh HP6900 and no the 6510, or 6710......

That might be a better choice just on processor speed.

Darius Wey
07-10-2006, 02:43 AM
I would recomend the Cingular 8100, I have had this device for a few months and can recomend it as an able tool. main downside would be the processor speed, other than that it comes through with as many features as anything out there and without a camera. I work in two organizations that don't allow cameras.

That's a good suggestion, though I'm assuming that based on the original poster's interest in certain devices, the Cingular 8100 isn't available in his/her area. An alternative would be to look at a similar camera-less (modified) HTC Wizard distributed by a local manufacturer - like Dopod, for example.

Kreigz
07-10-2006, 11:51 AM
If Verizon is an option, the XV6600WOC (WOC - WithOutCamera) might do the trick.

92slammer
07-14-2006, 01:47 AM
If Verizon is an option, the XV6600WOC (WOC - WithOutCamera) might do the trick.

its a great phone/pda...mine just died so i have the xv6700 now. u can get them off ebay for around $100