View Full Version : Remote Desktop connector for Windows mobile 2003

toddvg
07-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I have gotten a few messages on this but I am looking for a cleaner way.. People have sent me to a RWW site, but I was hopeing that there would be a simple program I could down load that would allow me to connect to my office server via my IPAQ Pda.. I use Remote Desktop cennector on my laptop to use my office server. I would like to do the same on my PDA.. just a nice simple program that I can load and just connect to my server.. I have the IP addy, the domain name, the user nmae and passowrds.. but I have found no program that allows me to enter all taht info.. So when I do try to connect it will not allow me..

Please help

Janak Parekh
07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
There is a Remote Desktop client built into Pocket PCs; look for "Terminal Services Client". It's the old Microsoft name for the RDP client.

--janak

toddvg
07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I can't seem to find termional srever on my PDA, do you know where I could download it.. It needs to be able to have a field to enter for domain name, user name, password and IPP address..if that ddoesnot have it do you have any idea what might

Darius Wey
07-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Unfortunately, Terminal Services Client was excluded in the Professional version of Windows Mobile 2003 (it was only included in the Premium version). I'm guessing you have the iPAQ h1940/h1945?

Microsoft does have a standalone version of TSC available for download, but it is no longer readily accessible via the Windows Mobile page. But try this one from ZDNet (http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/Terminal-Services-Client/3000-2178_2-10179939.html).

rookcnu
07-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Okay - so picking up on this subject,... I am using a Cingular 8125 with Windows Mobile 5 and want to do the same thing.

Can someone give me the hand holding version (read - dummy directions) on how to connect back to my work server?

Is this the same thing as a VPN???

Also,... does the IT department where I work have to make some adjustments on their end to make it so I can do this with TSC?

Thanks!