View Full Version : Task manager indecision

steveweb
07-05-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm just Hard Reset my device Qtek S200 WM5, and I'm undecided on what task manager install on it. I have already try magic button (great, but with some incompatibility), SmallMenuPlus (but have a problem with the Direct Push and the hidden task), SPP Pocket Plus (now I use PocketBreeze and iLauncher), vbar (some compatibility problems)... and now, I'm trying to install WisBar Lite or Handy Switcher. What do you think? Please, let me know yours opinion!!!!

Stefano

Clarkster
07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Why not try Wisbar Advance? It's got to be twice as quick as iLauncher. Simple is good - it means your PPC can do other things faster, right?
If you edit /Windows/Start Menu to just include links to the programs you actually use, then Wisbar with this works really well. And I've got copies of iLauncher and PB that I didn't reinstall after a hard reset. They look great but slow me right down.

steveweb
07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I have tried Wisbar Advance, but I look that it is a very heavy program!
I have a Qtek S200 and the processore, the RAM and the ROM arent very big... So, I'm trying an application that it can administrator my button X, may application minimized and ma start/menu (this last, with one hand free).

Thanks!

Stefano

applejosh
07-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Um, WA2 and iLauncher don't do the same thing. iLauncher is not task management, and WA2 isn't a today screen plugin which you can configure to display app shortcuts of your choosing.

That said, WA Lite works well on my X51v. Smaller footprint than WA2 (obviously). I've had HandySwitcher before, and it worked well, but I'm always drawn back to WA2 or WA Lite. Not sure why. Just more famililar with WA stuff I guess. But in general I feel the DinarSoft apps to be pretty high quality. PocketPlus is huge, and unless you can use more than just the "close" button, it really is overkill.

steveweb
07-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes, infact I use iLauncher for shortcut applications and some system meters with PocketBreeze for my toady diary.
I have alredy try WA2, but it is more a system program modify, with the possibility to create new themes and more and more.
But I had problems of slowness on my previous pocket PC Hx2795, so you think like can to be the impact on the system of the Qtek S200!
I have abandoned pocket plus for the too much services and application that it grants... and the memory slow down... so I prefer iLauncer, PocketBrezee and Resco Explorer. This is my favourite application.
But the Task manager is a little problems... So applejosh, you suggest me to migrate on Wisbar Lite?

Thanks you!

Stefano

Clarkster
07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Think you'll find a big jump in speed if you don't use iLauncher and PB. Have a read of this http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44942 and also the links on Menneisyys' reply to it (3rd one down).

steveweb
07-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Yes, I know, but I find it very comfortable for my work, in one instant, I have all my working week in my hand :-)

Stefano

DaViD_BRaNDoN
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Am using WisBar Lite. It's uses little resource and has the essential feature that a task manager should have, minus the bluk

steveweb
07-07-2006, 07:30 PM
In the end, I have choose Wisbar Lite. It's a great task manager. I have assigned to the OK button, the task manager, so I can control my open application with one hand. Moreover, It has a good start menu replacemente and a good task switch extensions.

Thanks!

Stefano