View Full Version : Task Management in Outlook Mobile

Mach5pilot
07-05-2006, 05:18 AM
I just converted from a palm zire 71 to a ipaq 2495 and am trying to adjust to the way that outlook mobile displays (filters, sorts, etc) tasks. It doesn't seem that there are many options of how they are displayed. I would like to be able to display by category then by priority. Anyone got any ideas on how to do that or do I have to come up with some other way of managing tasks?

Clarkster
07-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi there, welcome to PPC world! I'm sure you'll find it a good move, once you've adjusted. There are many good replacements for Pocket Outlook, that are always in the top 20 of downloaded software at Handango.com.
I use Agenda Fusion, but Pocket Informant is another very good option. Both these are large, complex programs and there are smaller, less fancy options such as Pocket Breeze, Dashboard, etc etc that will all give you more organising options than outlook. Why not download some free trial versions from handango? If you click "download" rather than "buy" there on a particular software page, you'll get the free trial.

By the way, if you go to Handango through the "shop" link at the top of this page, it helps keep this forum alive.

Mach5pilot
07-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the tips. I will check out what you recommended.

I also should add that before I had the palm zire 71, I used a Franklin planner and the Franklin-Covey system of organizing my calendar and tasks, which I was able to develop and adapt to an acceptable method in the Palm software. However, I think I'm finding out that Pocket Outlook is too cumbersome and hindering to my productivity. It doesn't allow me to organize things like either the Palm software or even Outlook 2003 on my PC for that matter.

Thanks again.

M5P

Clarkster
07-06-2006, 08:40 AM
In that case, you'll probably find this discussion interesting!!
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49576&highlight=franklin+covey