View Full Version : LONG delay when trying to switch input method? WM5 on HTC Wizard.

skjohn8
07-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey all,

This has probably been covered somewhere, but my searches didn't yield any useful results.

Does anyone else experience a really long delay in switching input methods using WM5?

Example: I want fitaly to be my default inpu method, but half the time when my device starts up (after nightly backup & restart) the standard keyboard is the default (despite my setting fitaly as startup IM). When I click on the little "up arrow" to switch input methods, there is a delay of around 5-10 seconds before my list of input methods is displayed.

What's up with that?

Anyone else have this problem? I'm using the T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard)

And what's with Fitaly refusing to stick as my startup input method? In fact it seems that sometimes I can't switch to it at all - when I select it from the list the default keyboard comes up again - it won't start. Probably a separate problem.

Darius Wey
07-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Does anyone else experience a really long delay in switching input methods using WM5?

Rarely. If a time lag occurs, it's usually just a 1-2 second load time.

And what's with Fitaly refusing to stick as my startup input method? In fact it seems that sometimes I can't switch to it at all - when I select it from the list the default keyboard comes up again - it won't start. Probably a separate problem.

You need to set Fitaly as the default SIP via the Fitaly options (not the Windows Mobile Input options). Look for the "Startup IM" field in the Operations tab.

skjohn8
07-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks Darius,

I did use the "Startup IM" in the Fitaly options.

Seems I probably have some other problem going on here...

Do you think the long delay and problems getting Fitaly to start up are related? Perhaps I should uninstall Fitaly and see how it behaves...?

Darius Wey
07-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Do you think the long delay and problems getting Fitaly to start up are related? Perhaps I should uninstall Fitaly and see how it behaves...?

Possibly. Which version of Fitaly are you running?

skjohn8
07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm running version 4.

I'm going to poke around the fitaly forum a bit to see if anyone else is experiencing this type of thing too.

schmenge
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
I am not using Fitaly, but I also have a very long delay between input methods. Never really looked into it as I rarely change, but I guess now that I am subscribed to this thread maybe an answer will appear. :)

Menneisyys
07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
This is a well-known bug with the Wizard. Please see for example this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=43800).