View Full Version : 700w as laptop modem

q-live
07-02-2006, 06:28 PM
what all do i need to have and do to make a treo 700w surf on a laptop?????

Janak Parekh
07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
You can check out PdaNet (http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/). Be forwarned, however: this is against Verizon's terms of service (TOS) for the PDA data plan. If they notice you using a tethered connection, they may send a rather nasty letter to you and/or demand $$. I've heard many people are "flying under the radar" by not overusing it, but be careful.

--janak

q-live
07-03-2006, 03:24 AM
yea i have heard of that... but it pisses me off because if somebody pays 40 a month then we can use it as we want.... so im kinda like fff em.... if u want us to use it just on the phone then drop the price and dont make it the same price as dsl and cable modem.... anyways how do i make either phone xv6700 and 700w surf on laptops??????

Janak Parekh
07-03-2006, 04:47 AM
yea i have heard of that... but it pisses me off because if somebody pays 40 a month then we can use it as we want.... so im kinda like fff em.... if u want us to use it just on the phone then drop the price and dont make it the same price as dsl and cable modem....
That's not Verizon's pricing strategy. If you disagree, you're going to have to either violate the TOS or use a different cell provider.

anyways how do i make either phone xv6700 and 700w surf on laptops??????
I already linked you to the software; there are instructions on their website.

--janak

q-live
07-04-2006, 03:26 AM
thanks..... it found one that worked fine.... 2 more questions

1. Is there way i can have the laptop surf and talk on treo 700w bluetooth at the same time???

2. Does this software or any other software let you surf on your cellar part of your cell phone.... basically like dialup???

Janak Parekh
07-04-2006, 05:10 AM
1. Is there way i can have the laptop surf and talk on treo 700w bluetooth at the same time???
No. As of this moment, no phone lets you simultaneously use data and voice (unless the voice is VoIP/Skype, at which point Bluetooth becomes problematic).

2. Does this software or any other software let you surf on your cellar part of your cell phone.... basically like dialup???
What do you mean? Use your cell phone as a modem to dial arbitrary other modems? I believe you cannot, and that it's only intended for Internet access. (Or do you mean something else?)

--janak

q-live
07-05-2006, 09:07 PM
ok i used pda net and it worked great.........ok now i cant surf using my regular wi fi after using the software.... what do i need to do or fix in options to have my regular wi fi network work.... and their tech support is not answering back.....

Janak Parekh
07-06-2006, 04:24 PM
ok i used pda net and it worked great.........ok now i cant surf using my regular wi fi after using the software....
8O All you should have to do is to disconnect from the phone connection. I don't know more, as I don't use PdaNet.

--janak