View Full Version : dvd's on pocket pc

beaufred
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I have seen some posts on pocketpc dvd software. What is the best one that I can use with tcpmp player? I would like to find a way to make it as fast as possible. I have found a software to listen to audio on bluetooth that works ok but this movie thing I find is kind of time consuming from some of the things that I have read.

Brad Adrian
07-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Most of the popular conversion applications can create DivX files, so you should be okay there. I've tried several, from Pocket DVD Studio to DVD-to-PocketPC to the newly-updated DVD Catalyst 2.0.

For me, the fastest was by far DVD Catalyst, and it seemed to offer the best mix of flexibility AND turnkey options. However, the new version still has some bugs, like menus that don't quite work right and progress indicators that don't work. BUT-- it ripped a full DVD for a VGA device in about 75 minutes, which is by far the fastest of the various ones I've tried.

If you want something that's absolutely bug-free, go with one of the ones that have tried-and-true versions. They all have free limited demos on Handango, so give a couple a try and see which you like best.