View Full Version : What is the Best Pocket PC out there?

ecrader
07-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the Pocket PC world. I currently have the 8700g Blackberry. I am selling it to buy a Pocket PC and I don't know which one to buy.

Since you all seem very experienced, I'm looking for advice!

The MOST important thing for me is a usuable Internet Browser. I must be able to work on the internet when I'm not in the office.

Also a must - phone, e-mail and the ability to open PDFs. But, from what I've read these seem pretty standard.

I have T-Mobile as my carrier, so that is a factor.

Help?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

jnev
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
well, I'm pretty sure that the MDA is the only pocket pc phone that tmobile offers...

ecrader
07-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I know they carry the iPaq and the MDA, and the customer server person told me that if I can get an unlocked version of another handheld, they will still provide internet access and phone coverage. So, those are all options.

Does anyone know the difference between the iPaq and the MDA?

Brad Adrian
07-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Which iPAQ? T-Mobile doesn't seem to carry any iPAQ in my marketplace.

The PocketTV Team
07-03-2006, 06:51 AM
I don't know the best, but I know the most populars.

The most popular Pocket PC with no phone is the Dell Axim x50v/x51v.

The most popular Pocket PC Phone is the HTC Wizard, i.e. Cingular 8125 / T-Mobile MDA / Qtek 9100 .

See the June 2006 list here:

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?p=1383151#post1383151

Regarding internet browsing, be aware that Smartphones cannot handle website that use the HTML tag <TABLE>. Pocket PC Phone can handle them.

There are less and less sites that use this TABLE tag, but if you must use one of them, don't choose a Smartphone!