View Full Version : Dial Phone Number in Appointment?

jwoody
07-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can click a phone number in an appointment and dial that number. I upgraded from a Samsung i600 Smartphone to the Verizon XV6700. Terrfic device! The only thing I am having problems with is linking from a phone number in an appointment to call that number. I have to either copy and paste the number to the phone application or speak the number into MS VoiceCommand. I find it hard to believe this new high tech phone does not do this out of the box. Any help / comments appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jon

Brad Adrian
07-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Depending upon where in the appointment template the phone number is entered, your phone may be simply "seeing" the phone number as text, not an entry for a phone number.

If somebody else is creating the appointments, it may be difficult for them to add contact information if your address books are different. But, if you can create the appointments yourself and add names from your contact list as meeting attendees, you should be able to dial them.

jwoody
07-02-2006, 11:10 PM
I created an appointment with attendees. They show up as an attendee in the appointment in my phone but there is no link to their Outlook card. I manually added their phone number to the meeting notes. The number shows up but it is still not linked to the phone application. It's just plain text. I'm very familiar with the Office Suite and this phone but can't get this feature to work.

Are you saying that when I add an attendee, there info should appear in the meeting request on my phone?