View Full Version : help/question: bringing back "manual sync" option to ActiveSync 4.x...?

ipaq_wannabe
07-02-2006, 03:08 AM
since i have a WM 5.0 device, i have no choice but to use ActiveSync 4.x

the question, it seems that when M$ "upgraded" from AS 3.x to 4.x - they inadvertently (what the **** they're thinking) forgot to place the option for "manual sync," and its driving me nuts!!! especially, when i have to pull out my handheld it the midst of when AS is "looking for changes," and it crashes my handheld (resorting to a reset)...!!

i dont want it poll for changes every now and then...

so, to anyone that knows - please let me know of any hack, trick, software, etc. that would allow "manual sync" for AS 4.x on a Windows 2K Pro machine!

thanks a million in advanced!!

_

ipaq_wannabe
07-04-2006, 12:53 AM
just like the impossibility of having WiFi sync, i guess this too is impossible...

hhhmmm... M$ what have you done?

since i have a WM 5.0 device, i have no choice but to use ActiveSync 4.x

the question, it seems that when M$ "upgraded" from AS 3.x to 4.x - they inadvertently (what the **** they're thinking) forgot to place the option for "manual sync," and its driving me nuts!!! especially, when i have to pull out my handheld it the midst of when AS is "looking for changes," and it crashes my handheld (resorting to a reset)...!!

i dont want it poll for changes every now and then...

so, to anyone that knows - please let me know of any hack, trick, software, etc. that would allow "manual sync" for AS 4.x on a Windows 2K Pro machine!

thanks a million in advanced!!

_

Don't Panic!
07-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Try Kill Activesync (http://www.mydesktophelp.com/development.php) for a manual option. When you use Kill Activesync, Activesync only turns on when you tell it to. Scroll down to the bottom of the link page for this cool freeware PC app.