View Full Version : GPS w/ MS S & T at Woot today.

JPD6825
06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Some of the posts at Woot say that this package works well when you upgrade to the 2006 software which includes voice nav - tho only on a PC - i.e. a laptop in shotgun.

Anyone have info on this - in particular details of connection to an X50v... need to buy a CF adapter of some sort??? other comments?

Mitch D
06-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Some of the posts at Woot say that this package works well when you upgrade to the 2006 software which includes voice nav - tho only on a PC - i.e. a laptop in shotgun.

Anyone have info on this - in particular details of connection to an X50v... need to buy a CF adapter of some sort??? other comments?

I have both a CF adatper that came with my original purchase, I went and bought the BlueTooth adapter for it as well. I use both for my X50v, and they work well, I find the GPS tends to find a fix faster than the compact flash but I am starting to conclude that this is only true because the receiver is looking for a signal while I am busy establishing a connection with it.

The only problems I encountered where when I upgraded to WM5, I could not get my ax to connect to the gps via BT no matter how hard I tried. I finally had to down grade back to WM2003SE and everything has worked fine since. So if you have some spare money to spend I would say get both the CF and BT although the CF adapter is the more inexpensive of the too. You can find info on both at www.pharosgps.com (they make the gps receiver that ships eith S&T)

JPD6825
06-27-2006, 03:00 AM
I passed on the Streets and Trips... It sounds like a great price - $50... but then it looks like the CF adapter is another $40... I wasn't shopping for one anyway. If I learn a little more before the next time this kind of offer comes around, I might go for it next time. Thanks for getting back to me!