View Full Version : HELP! Battery Loss HP iPAQ 2750

Jullesey
06-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Hi,
So I have an hp iPAQ 2750 (or 55, which ever the one with the fingerprint scanner is) and these past 3 days I was out of state without my charger and my battery completely died and I lost some important word documents. Can anyone tell me if there is ANY way to get these documents back? Thanks
- Jules

Nurhisham Hussein
06-23-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm assuming here that your unit has not been upgraded to WM5? If your documents were stored in the default My documents, then I'm afraid there is no way at all for retrieving them. Sorry.

To avoid this kind of problem in the future, I suggest you look into either storing your docs in an expansion slot, or investing in a good backup program like SPB Backup, Sprite Backup or Sunnysoft Backup.

BentonT.
07-03-2006, 11:29 PM
I had battery drain problems w/ my hx2495. This was caused by having an SD card installed. Drove me nuts...There is a fix that actually worked that can be dwn loaded from hp. dated June something.
- I still haven't been able to set up an e-mail send recieve yet--hp is sliding south on my confidence meter...if you can off any thought on e-mail..plse let me herar from you. Ben

DrAT
07-05-2006, 12:35 PM
As mentioned before, I'm afraid that the documents are lost if they were in RAM when the battery died.
If you're having problems getting e-mail to work, try a trial of a 3rd party program like FlexMail. The setup is more like that on a PC client and I find it easier to copy the settings across. I couldn't get one of my accounts to work until I found FlexMail. I think there is a problem with authorisation on the PPC platform.