View Full Version : i use to be able to check html email on pocket ie... But not anymore...Any fix other than alternative browser?

isajoo
06-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Is there a REAL working registery hack? Or any other way to check eg:hotmail html email?

Cybrid
06-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Is there a REAL working registery hack? Or any other way to check eg:hotmail html email?
Could you explain further. I'm not sure I understand the question.

isajoo
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Email with pictures? How do I check them on a ppc?

Cybrid
06-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Email with pictures? How do I check them on a ppc?Depends again on the sevice and whether it is embedded or attached.

From your earlier statement re: hotmail html mail... I think the best would be to change the registry:

Change the 'user agent' identification of Pocket Internet Explorer

To change the 'user agent' identification of Pocket Internet Explorer, several fields need to be adjusted. The example shows how to identify as Internet Explorer 6 - desktop version
The standard compliance 'user-agent' string:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\(Default) = "Mozilla/4.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Defaults to "Mozilla/2.0" The application/version string:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Version = "MSIE 6.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Defaults to "MSIE 4.01" The host operating system string:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Platform = "Windows NT 5.0" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Defaults to "Windows CE" Please note that if you change the Platform string, PDA-friendly sites may stop sending you PDA-friendly content automatically. Leave this string set to "Windows CE" unless a site absolutely refuses to work, or you want the site to feed you its normal content.
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=WM5_Tweaks_Other

This will fool hotmail's sever into thinking your PPC is a desktop and then you should be able to see html and view embedded pictures/ also perhaps dowload the pictures