View Full Version : where do u mostly use your ppc?

isajoo
06-21-2006, 06:55 AM
i find that i cannot seem to fall asleep without reading or surfing a bit with my ppc every night in bed. and also in the mornings in the "room with the sink" if u know what i mean. lol but i usually never take it out of the house... not even to work. just a pain to carry around and plus there are computers at work anyways. just wondering where u "techies" take/use them? cant get worse than where i've taken them!

Menneisyys
06-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Everywhere - bed, "sink", while eating, while standing in a row, while travelling - everywhere I have some spare seconds to check out the latest news, follow the latest newsgroup posts etc.

Nurhisham Hussein
06-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Same here - I don't leave home without it.

Darius Wey
06-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Same here - I don't leave home without it.

Ditto - primarily because it doubles up as my phone. I don't think I use it at the "sink", though. ;)

David_C
06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I use mine at work, home.

I usually solve a Sudoku puzzle or two before going to bed as well :)

Glohamar
06-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Menneisyys,

Do you use software to download and read the newsgroups offline? If so, what do you use?

Thanks,

Dave

Menneisyys
06-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Menneisyys,

Do you use software to download and read the newsgroups offline? If so, what do you use?

Thanks,

Dave

Qmail. See the NNTP tutorial here (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=557&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1).

ppcinfo
06-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately, I don't carry my Dell Axim x50v around with me all the time like some users do, however, there's lots of times I wish I did!

My primary use is for scheduling and contacts, so I do carry my x50v with me when I go to work or on business trips. I also use it quite extensively for checking personal email when waiting at the airport or in my hotel room when on business travel. I have a bluetooth phone which I can make a relatively fast internet connection with my x50v.

Just before I go sleep, I often unwind by watching a downloaded video on my x50v or I read some Avantgo web pages.

ppcinfo

Glohamar
06-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Thanks Menneisyys.

I have my PPC with me all the time. I use it for work and personal things. I use it to surf the net at home quite a bit.

Dave

rocky_raher
06-26-2006, 11:28 PM
...in the "room with the sink" if u know what i mean.
My house has two "rooms with sinks." However, the one in the basement is almost never used. The plumbing is close to rusting out. We refer to that one as the room with the "idle" sink.

Naturally, I use my PDA in the room with the "active" sink.