View Full Version : Video Online?

jlbunting
06-20-2006, 06:58 AM
What are some good sites I can view Video Online with my Congular 8125?

I am looking for sites that carry a new stream or weather.
I have tried google video and that did not work. i tried yahoo video, it worked , but you don't get news streams and you can only download the video, then play it.

I can view video over my network... stream from my desktop but I want to able to travel and get news updateds. I don't want to pay for a service or setup my desktop to stream remotly.

Any suggestions? I have search google a bunch and could not find anything. I will take a WAP sites or some network news site.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Cybrid
06-25-2006, 12:10 AM
What are some good sites I can view Video Online with my Congular 8125?

I am looking for sites that carry a new stream or weather.
I have tried google video and that did not work. i tried yahoo video, it worked , but you don't get news streams and you can only download the video, then play it.

I can view video over my network... stream from my desktop but I want to able to travel and get news updateds. I don't want to pay for a service or setup my desktop to stream remotly.

Any suggestions? I have search google a bunch and could not find anything. I will take a WAP sites or some network news site.

Any suggestions.

Thanks. I haven't tried it but...youtube mobile?

jlbunting
06-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I tired YouTube Mobile. I can't play the videos because I don’t have the Flash Video Player. I downloaded flash version 7.0 for WM5 but that still did not work.

Unless there is a flash mobile play, I don't see any possibility of getting youtube mobile to work.

GSmith
06-25-2006, 06:29 PM
If the reason you only want to stream is due to the hassle of navigating first, then waiting for download and playing, then podcasts might be a good option. With podcasts, you might still have to wait for the download (unless you update at night), but once you set it up with the Url of the podcast feed, then updating and getting new things to play on all your feeds consists of only one or two steps.

FeederReader will download video podcasts and allow you to play them. You can also set it up to stream to your favorite player (which must support streaming!). This should work if you have the bandwidth.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

Don't Panic!
06-26-2006, 06:08 PM
www.ppcvidz.com has some video streams of interest. SmartVideo (http://www.smartvideo.com/comm.html) is a subscription service that features the The Weather Channel in their lineup. Me personally I'm signed up at www.vdc.com but I'm losing interest since they stopped streaming BBC America. I'll probably unsuscribe at the end of next month if they don't get that station back.

HTH