View Full Version : SD and CF cards for the x50 -- What do I call them?

MTHall49
06-18-2006, 08:48 PM
When I do a search for these on eBay do I just look for SD Type 2 and CF Type 2 or do I need a different key words set?
Thanks.

ADBrown
06-18-2006, 10:35 PM
There's no such thing as "SD Type 2," and CF Type 2 cards are usually microdrives, as opposed to Type 1 cards which are usually flash memory. Any SD or CF card will work, period.

MTHall49
06-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Whew. Glad to hear that. I was VERY confused when I heard SD and CF Type 2. Now I can go back to eBay and bid on just plain SD and CF.
Any ideas on one brand being any better than another. Example: San Disk or Kingston or some other?

Darius Wey
06-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Any ideas on one brand being any better than another. Example: San Disk or Kingston or some other?

Some people have brand preferences; some don't. I belong in the latter group. I have multiple cards that were made by some well-known companies such as SanDisk, Fujifilm, and Pretec, and then some lesser-known companies like Silicon Power and NCP. All have worked well for me.

A lot of the time, companies will use the same card from the same factory and just stick their own brand name on it. Although, some companies tweak it, such as SanDisk and their Ultra range.

At the end of the day, if you find one that's decently-priced and has a reasonable warranty, you should be fine.